Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting 2024 – The Good Investing Guide
4. May 2024 @ 07:00 - 16:00
Table of contents
- 1Berkshire Hathaway Annual General Meeting 2024 - Key facts
- 1.1Where can I watch the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting 2024 live stream?
- 1.2How many days are left till the Berkshire 2024 meeting?
- 1.3How can I get Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting 2024 tickets?
- 1.3.2Proxy form
- 1.3.3Will Call
- 1.4How can I ask a question at the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting 2024?
- 1.5How can I get a good seat at the Berkshire Shareholders Meeting 2024?
- 1.5.1What should I generally know about the Berkshire 2024 AGM venue, the CHI Health Center?
- 1.5.2Can I bring my bag to the Berkshire Shareholder Meeting 2024?
- 1.5.3How is the food situation at Berkshire Shareholder Meeting 2024?
- 1.5.4How is parking?
- 1.6What can I expect from the Exhibition Hall at the Berkshire Meeting 2024?
- 2What can I do in addition to the Berkshire AGM 2024 in Omaha?
- 2.1Which investing events can I join?
- 2.1.1Join the Good Investing Plus Omaha experience
- 2.1.2Thursday, 02 May
- 2.1.3Friday, 03 May
- 2.1.4Saturday, 04 May
- 2.1.5Events on Sunday, 05 May
- 2.1.6Events on Monday, 06 May
- 2.1.7Event series
- 2.2Which non-investing activities can I do?
- 2.2.1Shareholder shopping
- 2.2.2Shareholder 5km run
- 2.2.3Exploring Omaha
- 3How can I learn more about Berkshire Hathaway?
- 3.1Helpful online resources
- 3.1.1Berkshire Hathaway AGM resources
- 3.1.2Berkshire Hathaway stock analysis
- 3.1.3Our newsletter
- 3.2Recommended books
- 4How can I safely and cost-effective travel to and in Omaha?
- 4.1How can I keep my travel expenses low?
- 4.2How can I travel to Omaha for the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting 2024?
- 4.2.1By airplane
- 4.2.2By train
- 4.2.3By bus
- 4.3How can I book suitable overnight accommodation for the Berkshire Hathaway AGM 2024?
- 4.3.1In a hotel
- 4.3.2In a holiday apartment
- 4.4How can I get around in Omaha during the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting 2024?
- 4.4.1Low-cost & sportive options
- 4.4.2More comfortable options
- 4.4.3Travel apps for Omaha
Berkshire Hathaway Annual General Meeting 2024 – Key facts
The Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting 2024 will be held on Saturday, 04 May 2024, at the CHI Health Center Omaha. It has the following schedule:
- At 07:00 AM, the Berkshire Shareholder Meeting 2024 doors, including the Exhibition Hall, open.
- At 08:30 AM, the enchanting and exclusive Berkshire Shareholder Meeting 2024 Movie will start.
- Directly afterward, shareholders can ask Warren Buffett, Charlie Munger, Ajit Jain, and Greg Abel questions.
- At noon, the shareholder meeting will have a lunch break of one hour.
- Berkshire Hathaway plans to end the meeting at around 4:00 PM.
You can find more information on the Berkshire Meeting 2024 on the Berkshire Hathaway website. An excellent overview of the weekend is provided via the soon-to-be-downloadable Visitor’s Guide.
With our Good Investing guide, you will find more helpful information for your trip to Omaha in addition to the already excellent Visitor’s Guide.
You can easily follow the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting 2024 online via this CNBC live stream.
How many days are left till the Berkshire 2024 meeting?
The Berkshire 2024 meeting is approaching quicker than you might think:
It is essential to be patient about tickets or so-called shareholder credentials. If you are a shareholder and can prove your ownership of BRK.A or BRK.B shares, there is no risk to traveling without a ticket to Omaha. We never heard of a shareholder that did not get his/her credentials – and we are well-connected.
There are different ways to get Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting 2024 tickets:
eBay users can order the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting 2024 credentials for a fee of 5 – 6 $ Via the official account brka_b.
- For US shareholders, this method could be very convenient for getting tickets. It is not the cheapest way to get a ticket as you have to pay for every ticket. At the Will Call in Omaha and by filling out the proxy form, you can get four or more tickets for free. At the Will Call, though, you might have to wait for 1 to 2 hours to get your tickets.
- International shareholders have to also factor in shipping fees and shipping times. Shipping and ticket fees are the cheapest via ebay.com. Here they are below 15 $. Furthermore, timing the shipping window right can be crucial. It can take up to one month to get the tickets. But from our experience, shipping is usually quicker. So, please have some buffer so your tickets will arrive on time before you fly to the United States. We would recommend planning at least a ten days shipping buffer to be on the safe side.
Please don’t buy tickets online from any account besides brka_b. Only this account is a reputable source.
Berkshire Hathaway sends credentials to shareholders who request them with the proxy form. The proxy form will be published together with all proxy documents in 2024.
Due to high demand and long send times of the postal service, you also have to factor in a shipping buffer if you order tickets this way. Here is how to proceed further:
- Please fill out the soon-to-be-published proxy form to order tickets. Berkshire Hathaway will send you the tickets to your home address.
- If you get a physical copy of the annual report, you can order the AGM tickets via the perforated card on Berkshire Hathaway’s printed annual report.
- You can also ask your broker’s corporate action team for support to order tickets.
As a shareholder, you can pick up your badges on-site in the Will Call area in the lobby of the CHI Health Center. Usually, this is possible:
- Friday from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm (our recommended day to get tickets) and
- Saturday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm.
In the Will Call area, you must show your photo identification (e.g., ) and proof that you are a shareholder.
- The photo identification can, for instance, be your passport or your driver’s license.
- The shareholder proof can be a certificate of your broker, a printed securities account statement, a screenshot, or just your broker app that shows you own a Berkshire Hathaway share.
How can I ask a question at the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting 2024?
During the AGM, Warren Buffett, Charlie Munger, Ajit Jain, and Greg Abel can be addressed with shareholder questions. You have two options to ask a question:
- In advance, you can send your questions to Becky Quick via . Becky will pick the best questions and asks them to the podium.
- If you are at the meeting, you can try your luck with the lottery. At 8:15 AM, shareholders at each of the 11 microphone locations at Berkshire Shareholders Meeting 2024 will be drawn to ask a question. You can ask any question once Warren Buffett calls your microphone if you are drawn.
Many legends are being told about the morning of the Berkshire Hathaway AGM and the race for the best seats. Some shareholders are even “camping” at the CHI from 4 AM to get in line for the “best” seats.
In 2019, we arrived shortly before 7 AM. Even on this arrival on time, we made it to good seats. To give you insights into the Berkshire AGM morning, we recorded our “run”:
Here is the summary of our experience: All seats in the AGM hall are good seats with a great view. We would recommend different approaches depending on how you care about seating:
- “Ground floor seating”: If you want to sit on or close to the ground floor, it is best to arrive early. We would recommend arriving between 4 to 5 PM. It can make sense to bring a camping chair and a blanket to make the wait comfortable in the morning’s cold. An umbrella or raincoat could also help in case it is raining.
- “Just have a seat”: You can arrive at 06:45 AM before the doors open if you don’t care about sitting on or close to the ground floor. You can speed up your entry if you leave your larger backpack at home and look for a less crowded entrance.
- “Sit together with a group”: It also helps to go for the upper ranks of the arena. You should be able to get good seating for a group as most shareholders first head for the lower levels.
What should I generally know about the Berkshire 2024 AGM venue, the CHI Health Center?
The Berkshire 2024 Annual Meeting is held in the CHI Health Center in Omaha. The CHI Health Center in Omaha has a capacity for close to 19.000 people in the arena. Aside from the 19.000 arena seats, extra seating for thousands of shareholders is available via additional rooms, like the Peter Kiewit Grand Ballroom. Here you can watch a live stream of the meeting. The plus of these “overfill” rooms is that you will have more comfortable seats than arena seats.
To orient yourself in the CHI Health Center, this arena map helps you understand the different levels. The virtual tour is also super helpful to get a feel for the venue. At the Berkshire Meeting, seating will be very similar to the concert seating you can find on this scheme. So, if you want to make any seating plans, please use this scheme to plan them.
The CHI Health Center has a clear bag policy. Details on it can be found on the center’s website. Additionally, here are some of our observations from the morning of the Berkshire Shareholders Meeting:
- For larger bags, there is a baggage check at an airport-like security level for security reasons. Usually, you are only allowed to bring smaller bags into the Berkshire Shareholder Meeting 2024.
- There are also dedicated lines for people with bags, as shown in this video. So, bringing a larger bag or backpack could slow your entry into the AGM as the “bag line” can get crowded.
- You aren’t allowed to bring food into the CHI Health Center. The security will take it away.
Sadly, it is not allowed to bring food into the CHI. During the bag control in the morning, security forces you to throw it away. So, you have to collect or buy food at the CHI Health Center.
In the morning, you can get breakfast (packaged bakery products, nut bars, soda, orange juice, coffee) for free at stands in the convention center. This is an excellent option for a refreshing and “free” breakfast.
During the day, you have to pay for food and drinks. A wide selection of offerings is available at the AGM hall stands. The CHI itself is a cashless facility. So, please bring your credit card to pay at the stands.
However, you will need some cash to pay in the Exhibition Hall. So, please also have some dollar bills if you, for instance, consider buying from Dairy Queen in the Exhibition Hall.
Finding a fulfilling food stand might be difficult if you are foody or travel on a tight budget. Then it could help to use the skywalk to get food at the Hilton or walk to other restaurants close to the AGM. Additionally, some vending machines are in a separate room near the entrances. They might also offer an excellent option to get food for a fair price.
How is parking?
There is plenty of parking space available outside the CHI Health Center. You can find the parking spots here.
What can I expect from the Exhibition Hall at the Berkshire Meeting 2024?
The Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting exhibition gives you great insights into Berkshire Hathaway’s company universe.
Exhibitors are Berkshire subsidiaries like Benjamin Moore, Berkshire Hathaway Energy, Borsheims, BNSF Railway, Brooks Running, Clayton Homes, Dairy Queen, Duracell, Fechheimer, FlightSafe International, Forest River, Fruit of the Loom, Geico, Ginsu, H.H. Brown, Jazwares, Johns Manville, Justin Brands, Lubrizol, Marmon Holdings, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Netjets, Oriental Trading, Pampered Chef, See’s Candies, Shaw Industries, Wayne Pumps, and World Book.
The exhibition hall offers excellent options for taking remarkable pictures and fabulous selfies. In our video from 2019 and this gallery, you can get an impression of the Exhibition Hall and an idea for the best photo spots:
What can I do in addition to the Berkshire AGM 2024 in Omaha?
With our Good Investing Guide, we want to, in addition to the official visitor’s guide, provide helpful information to make your visit to the Berkshire Hathaway AGM 2024 an even better experience. If you have feedback that can make this guide more valuable, please reach out to us.
In addition to the Berkshire AGM 2024, you could join plenty of exciting events in Omaha. Here we share our selection of them:
Which investing events can I join?
Various investor events will happen in the week of the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting 2024. This calendar, which is based on data from 2023, will be continuously updated once we have more information:
Join the Good Investing Plus Omaha experience
We have created a whole new Omaha experience via our community Good Investing Plus. Excellent preparation and member support ahead of the meeting week, combined with fun activities in the week of the AGM create this unique and loved experience. The Good Investing Omaha experience helps our members have a great and productive experience while they stay in Omaha.
If you are a passionate and kind who this to join this unique experience, please
Thursday, 02 May
- The CFA Society Nebraska is holding the Value Investing Dinner from 5:30 PM.
- On Thursday and Friday, the exclusive Value Investor Conference takes place.
Friday, 03 May
3. Emerging Managers Meeting 2024
On Friday, 03 May, Good Investing invites all (soon-to-be) Emerging Managers to the 3. Emerging Managers Meeting. The casual event takes place from 3 PM to 6 PM. If you are an Emerging Fund Manager or plan to start a fund within the next 18 months, please register here.
- Vitaliy Katsenelson is hosting an Investing Breakfast from 8 AM.
- Guru Focus is hosting an Omaha conference from 8 AM to 6 PM.
- Gabelli invites you to the Gabelli Omaha conference from 9 AM to noon.
- Guy Spier will be hosting ValueX BRK from 10:30 AM on.
- Creighton University offers a Value Investing Panel from 3:30 PM to 5 PM.
- Tech Buzz China (@ruima) will host an event from 3 PM to 5:30 PM.
- CISMA is holding its Omaha trek event from 5 PM Friday to Sunday.
- The Heilbrunn Center hosts the “From Graham to Buffett and Beyond” Dinner from 6 PM.
- On Thursday and Friday, the exclusive Value Investor Conference takes place.
Saturday, 04 May
- Dutch-speaking investors meet for drinks in Hilton Omaha (ground floor bar) after the AGM.
- Trupanion is inviting for its annual Q&A in Hilton Omaha from 4:00 PM.
- Willow Oak Asset Management hosts an event after the Berkshire 2024 Meeting. It starts at 5:30 PM.
Events on Sunday, 05 May
The Markel Omaha Brunch will happen from 10 to 12 AM. It is highly worth visiting it. Learn more about it here.
Events on Monday, 06 May
- Boston Omaha is holding its AGM in Omaha on Monday, 6 May, from 8 AM to noon.
- The Investor’s Podcast offers public networking events throughout the weekend.
Which non-investing activities can I do?
Shareholders can get very desirable discounts at several exclusive shopping events in Omaha:
Berkshire Bazaar of Bargains
Starting at noon on Friday, you can discover the “Berkshire Bazaar of Bargains” in the Exhibition Hall of the Berkshire Shareholder Meeting 2024. There you will have the chance to buy educative Berkshire Hathaway books, meet several authors of the books, shop unique Berkshire Hathaway memorabilia, and acquire your box of See’s Candies.
You can get a good impression of the Exhibition Hall in our gallery and in our video.
(Berkshire Hathaway) Book deals
In the Exhibition Hall, the family-owned bookseller Bookworm Omaha offers a wide selection of interesting Berkshire books for sale with a 20% special AGM discount for shareholders. The book selection – curated by Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger – can be found here.
At the bookstand in the Exhibition, you will also have the chance to meet many authors and get your book copy signed.
Furthermore, at the Bookworm store in Omaha on 2501 S 90th St #111, Omaha, NE 68124, shareholders with credentials can also get a 20% off on a wide selection of books. The discount is available from Friday to Monday on the Berkshire Shareholder Meeting 2024 weekend.
Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM)
The everything-store Nebraska Furniture Mart offers special shareholder discounts. The NFM will have a stand in the Exhibition Hall. So, you can easily shop for special deals there.
The Omaha location at 700 S 72nd St, Omaha, NE 68114, is also worth visiting. The best time to go is directly after the AGM on Saturday. Then, the superstore holds the “NFM Berkshire Picnic” at its Omaha location from 5:30 – 8 PM. If you are generally interested in the NFM, you can learn more about it in our video series.
Borsheims offers a whole Berkshire weekend schedule. At Borsheims, you can also shop the unique Berkshire Hathaway Memorabilia.
Borsheims is located at 120 Regency Pkwy, Omaha, NE 68114. On the day of the AGM, Berkshire Hathaway will offer a free bus shuttle from the Berkshire Shareholder Meeting 2024 directly to Borsheims. You can find more about it in the visitor’s guide.
Shipping your purchases
Berkshire Hathaway offers a shipping service in the Exhibition Hall for (US-based) shareholders that want to ship their goods. You can find more about it in the visitor’s guide.
If you plan to bring your purchases from the Berkshire Annual Shareholders Meeting to a country outside the US, we recommend doing this in your travel luggage. Sadly, shipping fees from the US are pretty high. Therefore, better plan with extra space in your luggage for the boxes of See’s Candies peanut brittle and Berkshire books.
You can participate in the Berkshire Hathaway “Invest in Yourself” 5 km race on Sunday morning. You can find more information on the run in this FAQ and register via this website.
The city of Omaha offers an excellent overview of Fun Things to Do in Omaha. Here you can learn about the vibrant nightlife, guided City tours, the famous Omaha Zoo, and great free things to do (the bucket list that Value Investors love). To explore neighborhoods in Omaha, we recommend visiting Blackstone, Dundee, Benson, Little Bohemia, and Little Italy.
Omaha’s food scene
Foodies can also find exciting restaurants to visit in Omaha:
- Berkshire fans love to visit Gorat’s steak house. We also have heard that many Value Investors love Fleming’s. The Drover was also recommended to us.
- There is no authentic “Omahaian meal.” The Reuben sandwich comes close to it, as this very tasteful sandwich was developed in Omaha. Enjoy a tasty Reuben in Omaha in many great places like Rathskeller or Barrett’s.
- If you enjoy a great breakfast, the Saddle Creek Breakfast Club, Early Bird Brunch, and Lola’s are restaurants you should consider visiting.
- There is always time for good pizza! Smokin’ Oak, Pitch Pizzeria, and Orsi’s could be worth a visit.
- Beer lovers will also enjoy the many craft breweries in Omaha. Insights into the vital scene are shared here.
- As Germans, we care about good bread. Great Harvest Bakery is a bakery where we found great bread.
We recommend one of the many Aldi’s in Omaha, the Whole Foods Market at the Regency Parkway, and the Trader Joe’s on Pacific to buy groceries.
How can I learn more about Berkshire Hathaway?
Helpful online resources
Here we have collected great online resources to study Berkshire Hathaway:
Berkshire Hathaway AGM resources
- You can listen to or watch Berkshire Hathaway AGM recordings since 1994 on this YouTube or Spotify playlist.
- Austin Value Capital has compiled annual meeting transcripts since 1994. You can download them here.
- In our Berkshire Hathaway blog section, we share insights and knowledge about Berkshire Hathaway.
Berkshire Hathaway stock analysis
- Frederik Gieschen – aka Neckar – has collected different essays on Warren Buffett, Charlie Munger, and Berkshire Hathaway on his substack. If you enjoy learning about great investors, the substack is worth a subscription.
- CNBC offers the excellent Warren Buffett Archive. There you will find a lot of exciting content.
- Austin Value Capital has collected a great series of shareholder letters. In his compilation, he is sharing “everything Buffett.” This includes partnership letters, Berkshire Hathaway letters, annual meeting transcripts, memos, and articles.
- The Rational Walk blog has an excellent Berkshire Hathaway resources section. Here you can find a lot of helpful content.
- Christopher Bloomstran of Semper Augustus has developed profound knowledge on Berkshire Hathway and shared it in several formats. To dive deeper into his analysis, you can use his media archive.
- Greggory Warren of Morningstar is a beast in the analysis of Berkshire Hathaway. You can find his recent insights into the business on his Morningstar profile. Enjoy our insightful Greggory Warren Berkshire Hathaway content and this timeless presentation.
With the Good Investing Newsletter, we are covering Berkshire Hathway and Warren Buffett and analyzing other good businesses and good investors. Please subscribe to it here:
Here we want to share our favorite Berkshire Hathaway books with you. You can meet some authors at the AGM’s exhibition as a shareholder. In addition, to getting a signed book, you will also be able to buy them books with a 20% discount.
Adam Mead’s The Complete Financial History of Berkshire Hathaway
In “The Complete Financial History of Berkshire Hathaway” author and investor Adam Mead offers a real deep dive into the financial history of the holding from Omaha. This book provides a helpful deep dive for investors.
Jacob McDonough’s Capital Allocation
In “Capital Allocation: The Financials of a New England Textile Mill 1955 – 1985” author and investor Jacob McDonough portrays the early financial history of Berkshire Hathaway.
Yefei Lu’s Inside the Investments of Warren Buffett: Twenty Cases
Do you want to know more about Berkshire Hathaway’s investment criteria and its evolution? Yefei Lu’s book “Inside the Investments of Warren Buffett: Twenty Cases” gives you deep insights into both. We also had the pleasure of chatting with the author:
Gisela Baur’s biography “Warren Buffett – Der Jahrhundertkapitalist“
Through our work, we had the fantastic pleasure of getting to know the German journalist Gisela Baur. Gisela is not only a gem of a person. Since 1998, she has also been a Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway friend. After reading her highly recommended Warren Buffett – Der Jahrhundertkapitalist biography, we had the pleasure of interviewing her. The result can be found in this playlist:
How can I safely and cost-effective travel to and in Omaha?
Here we share our best tips for planning your trip to Omaha.
How can I keep my travel expenses low?
As Value Investors, we want to share some cost-saving tips that could reduce your expenses during your stay in Omaha and the United States.
- Wise*: Wise offers an excellent credit card solution to pay in $. Due to Wise’s low exchange fees and the interest on deposits they pay, they became a recommended solution for us.
- Airalo could offer a good solution for your communication and data use in the US. With their service, you can create a cost-effective virtual sim card. With our code “TILMAN1364” you get a 3$ discount on your first payment.
- TooGoodToGo is the best app to save food waste and money. It has a service in many US cities. Sadly, the offer in Omaha is minimal.
There are several options to bring you to Omaha for the Berkshire Shareholder Meeting 2024:
Usually, people fly into Omaha’s Eppley Field Airport. Via Eppley Field’s website, you can find all available connections to and from Omaha. This allows you to find a suitable connection if you want to find a way to combine the journey with discovering the United States. Additionally, this Google Flights function can help you to discover the best connections to and from Omaha.
The cheapest flights to Omaha can be found on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday and Friday, prices will be higher due to increased demand. Outbound flights are usually expensive on Sunday and Monday. Prices go down from Monday again and should normalize on Tuesday. If you look early for flights, you might get a direct flight from a US city to Omaha for 150 – 200 $ per direction.
As an international traveler, please plan with enough time for immigration. You need 2 to 5 hours to enter the US at some international airports. We recommend planning with 4 hours buffer between international arrival and US departure.
There are some airports within close distance of Omaha that you could fly to. From there, you could drive in a rented car to Omaha. Qeeq could help you to find the best deal for your car rental.
- Des Moines, Lincoln, Grand Island, Sioux City, and Kansas City are options for connections in the US.
- Minneapolis, Chicago, or Denver offer the chance to travel internationally to a city close to Omaha.
If you want to compensate for your CO² emissions, Atmosfair is a good solution.
You can travel by train to Omaha. Amtrak’s scenic California Zephyr runs daily from Chicago or Denver (Salt Lake City – San Francisco) to Omaha. On both routes, the observation car can make your trip spectacular.
- From Chicago, the train departs at 2 PM. You will arrive in Omaha at 10:55 PM.
- From Denver, the train departs at 7:10 PM and arrives at 04:59 AM in Omaha.
Trains in the US sometimes run late as they share tracks with freight trains. The chance of having a delay is usually higher if you travel from Omaha to Chicago. With this map, you can track potential delays from or to Omaha.
If you are a fan of traveling by train as we are, you should also explore Amtrak’s USA Rail Pass. You can ride ten travel segments in the US for 499 $ (and sometimes for the sale price of 299 $). This pass could be a great option, especially if you want to explore the east coast.
Several Greyhound connections approach Omaha. Traveling by Greyhound is very affordable but also a real adventure.
How can I book suitable overnight accommodation for the Berkshire Hathaway AGM 2024?
It is worth planning your journey and your overnight stay. Omaha is packed at the weekend around the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting 2024, and hotel prices will rise quickly. So, you should book the latest in late December or early January to get the best prices for the May Berkshire Shareholder Meeting 2024.
In a hotel
There are also numerous high-quality hotels and motels in Omaha. It could usually make sense to book directly through the hotel’s website as this might be the cheapest and most flexible option. We recommend a location with at least 4.5 stars on Google or more than 8.0 on Booking.com.
Omaha’s hotel capacity has increased during the last few years as the city grows. Searching for recently opened hotels or hotels opening soon could be helpful. As they are in the built-up phase and not on the radar of all visitors, they could still offer capacity and a reasonable price for your stay during the AGM.
The neighboring city Council Bluffs (Iowa), is a secret tip if you are looking for an affordable hotel. Here you could find a cheap hotel if prices in Omaha are high.
In a holiday apartment
On Airbnb, you can find reasonable accommodation at a fair price. We are huge fans of booking accommodation on Airbnb for the Berkshire Shareholder Meeting 2024.
Vrbo can also offer other home rentals that are not listed on Airbnb. Many foreign travelers might not know this local competitor of Airbnb. Therefore, there could be an exciting deal to find.
Please always review the ratings of the place you are planning to book. We would recommend at least a rating of 4.7 stars. In 2019, we made a mistake and booked a lower-quality place. So, sadly we had to re-book for the week of the Berkshire Hathaway Annual General Meeting. This was pretty costly.
Sadly, we have also experienced and heard stories about hosts that might ask for a 50%-100% higher price for an already booked accommodation when they realize that the AGM is taking place. The chance is low that this could happen to you (below 5%), but you should know that such a risk exists. If such behavior occurs, you should involve the platform you have booked through right away.
US cities are very car-centric. But as a visitor to the AGM, you don’t necessarily need a car to get around. Here is an overview of all the options you have to get from A to B in Omaha:
Low-cost & sportive options
- Walking is an excellent option if you stay in Omaha’s east. The older districts of Omaha’s east offer a decent walking infrastructure. By walking, you can also explore the city better.
- Spin and Lime electric scooters are for rent in Omaha. For instance, Lime scooters are bookable via the Uber app.
- In some parts of the city, you can rent Heartland Bcycle’s and discover Omaha with your bike. All bikes are electric. So, bike travel is made very convenient. With the monthly pass for 20 $, you can make an excellent mobility deal for your stay in Omaha.
- Several bus lines are running in Omaha. Tickets cost just 1,25 $ and offer a very cheap opportunity to get around in Omaha. Tickets can be purchased online with the Umo app, with cash on the bus, or at ticket machines. Especially for long distances, the bus is the cheapest way to get around. If you factor in the wait time, busses have similar total travel times to Uber & Lyft. When we used buses in Omaha, they were usually empty. So, we often had a private bus for just 1,25 $ per person. If you also want to ride the bus in Omaha, you can learn more about the bus service here.
- On Saturday, Berkshire Hathaway offers direct bus shuttles to the Berkshire Shareholder Meeting 2024 from different hotels. You can find the routes in the visitor’s guide.
More comfortable options
- Ride-sharing apps like Uber and Lyft can help you to avoid renting a car. Many trips should be doable below 10 $. Here you can compare fares for Uber and Lyft.
- Looking for a taxi via the zTrip app or 402/292-2222 can make sense. Uber and Lyft could get crowded during the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting 2024. Then a taxi can be a cheaper alternative due to taxi price caps.
- Of course, you can also book a rental car for traveling in Omaha. Qeeq could be helpful here.
- You can use the ParkOmaha (iOs | Android) app to make parking easy. Near the Old Market, there is free parking at the bridge at the Durham Museum.
Travel apps for Omaha
Aside from the curation of specific ways of transportation, here you can also find an overview of helpful apps for traveling in Omaha:
- Google Maps is the map solution. But not all users know that you can download maps ahead of traveling. This function is helpful for Omaha goers.
- zTrip (iOS | Android) helps you to call a taxi in Omaha.
- MyRide OMA (iOS | Android) is the official bus app for Omaha. Umo helps to manage the payments.
- BCycle (iOS | Android) helps you to find and reserve the Heartland Bikes. With the monthly pass for 20 $, you can make a great deal.
- ParkOmaha (iOS | Android) makes paying for parking in Omaha easier.
- Lyft (iOS | Android) and Uber (iOS | Android) helps you to find a shared ride in Omaha.
- Lime (iOS | Android) gives you access to e-scooters in Omaha (you can also book them via the Uber app).